Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dokken: No Classic Lineup Reunion In Sight


Dokken frontman Don Dokken has issued the following updates:

On his voice problems:
"I was told not to sing for at least a year, but I'm stubborn and want to play, so here we go."

Dokken are starting to write a new CD. Don Dokkens voice problems have been hopefully fixed after recently undergoing surgery. "It's been very frustrating not to be able to sing a hundred percent," he says.

"I waited too long to have my voice looked at but after hearing Tom Keifer [Cinderella] sing after his vocal problems, I was blown away! He sounds awesome and it inspired me to see a doctor and step up my game."

On recording a new album:
"Jon Levin, (guitar) has some great new song ideas and Mick Brown, (drums), Sean McNabb, (bass), and I will be writing lyrics for them soon. The new CD should be out by the fall, if all goes well. "

On classic lineup reunion:
"As far as the Dokken reunion goes, the 'truth' is we had a meeting and Jeff Pilson, (bass]) said he is busy with Foreigner until 2012, so if it's going to happen, it will be then."

"
George Lynch, (guitar) has said it's all about me wanting lots of money [which is] 'bullshit."

"I know the fans would like to see a reunion, but, as it's always been, George and I have different ideas about the direction of Dokken's music."

No comments:

Post a Comment