Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lemmy Is "Delighted" To Be One Of Metallica's Influences

MetalInsider.net recently conducted an interview with Motörhead frontman and rock icon Lemmy Kilmister. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

MetalInsider.net: It's just been announced that Motörhead will be playing a few dates with the Foo Fighters. You and Dave Grohl have been long time friends and admirers of each other, but how did a tour with both bands finally come to fruition?

Lemmy: Well, the Foo Fighters/Dave asked us to do the shows. So we said "yeah!" I'm hoping there be some sort of collaboration because I really like playing with Dave. He's like me, he's fast and he's good, and that's always fun. I hate these people that take three hours to do a fucking solo, let alone three weeks sometimes.

MetalInsider.net: After all these years, do you still get a kick when well known and popular musicians, like Dave Grohl and even Metallica, cite you and Motörhead as a major influence on them?

Lemmy: Well, Metallica's starting to feel the old age bite now, aren't they? (laughing) They've been around a long time now. I mean, you can't top Metallica. They're really a fucking excellent band. I'm delighted that they said that I was one of their influences. Like, they have all of their influences, and you can't hear the influences in them, which is great. They've become their own people, and that's great. I like them a lot. I've spent a lot of time with those boys. There's a clip of me jamming with them in Nashville, Tennessee in the ("Lemmy") movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment