Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Chickenfoot: New Video For "Big Foot" Released

"Big Foot", the new video from Chickenfoot can be seen below.

Chickenfoot has made it official: veteran drummer Kenny Aronoff will sit behind the kit on the road while Chad Smith tours with his main band, the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Smith handed off the sticks to Aronoff in a YouTube video, but emphasized that the change is only temporary by saying, "Listen, I'm living out back. Things are rough; I've got bills to pay. I've got to go to work. I've got my day job to go to. But only for a little bit - I'll be back. In the meantime a great buddy of mine, Kenny Aronoff, is going to come play the drums. He's going to tear it up. He's awesome: you're going to have a great time, so make sure you go out and see the FOOT."

Aronoff replies in the clip, "Chad, I'm going to kick ass for
Chickenfoot , man. I'm going to do a kick-ass job for you and the band."

Singer Sammy Hagar told The Pulse Of Radio that the band tried out several drummers before realizing Aronoff was the man for the job. "We said, 'Chad, come on now, who are we gonna try?' We tried these great guys and they just - the chemistry wasn't there. No fire. And he said, 'Kenny, man!' And so... he was great. He really solid, man. And he's got fire. And he's goofy, he's quirky, so."

No comments:

Post a Comment