Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Deep Purple: Steve Morse Talks Career In New Interview; Bob Ezrin To Produce Next Deep Purple Album



According to Deep Purple guitarist Steve Morse, the next Purple album will be produced by the legendary Bob Ezrin. He tells GlideMagazine.com, "[This next CD is] probably going to be more of an extravaganza. Everybody realizes we're not going to do this forever, so to me it feels like this is a really important album to do well." Read more excerpts below:

GM: What do you have planned for the rest of the year?

Steve Morse: In a couple of weeks, Deep Purple has a writing session and we’re producing an album with Bob Ezrin, who’s done KISS, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel, Alice Cooper, and he also worked on the last Kansas album, when I was with Kansas. So he’s one of my favorite producers and that’s going to be our studio album. It’s probably going to be more of an extravaganza. Everybody realizes we’re not going to do this forever, so to me it feels like this is a really important album to do well. So we’ve got that coming up and mixed in with that, and that is most of the summer with the album, and then I have to leave when they’re doing vocals on that to do the G3 tour. Then I have to come back, repack my suitcase and we go out with Flying Colors and the plan is to do a couple weeks in the US and then a couple weeks in Europe. That brings us to the end of September. Oops, I’m late for the G3 tour and got to get on a plane to go down to South America. Then before they go to Mexico, I have to leave the tour to come back and go straight to Russia with Deep Purple. Then I may have to come back from Russia all the way to the US and repack my suitcase and go back for another five weeks in Europe. Then it’s Christmas and then another year has gone (laughs).

Read the entire interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment