Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

KK Downing: "I Didn’t Retire… I Quit"; New Interview Posted


KK Downing has stated that he didn’t retire from Judas Priest, as was announced at the time – he actually quit the band, and he had dozens of reasons for doing it.

He’d come to believe they’d run out of steam in terms of creativity, and he didn’t want to be part of an outfit that simply played on its past achievements. On top of that, he felt it would be impossible to create an iconic album like "British Steel" in the modern environment.

Now the guitarist – whose departure left bassist Ian Hill as the only original member - tells The Midlands Rocks: “I’ll never get away from this ‘retirement’ thing. What happened was that I quit."

“‘Retired’ implies that I am not physically able to do it. I am able to do it, but I didn’t want to do it; I just wasn’t enjoying it any more," he says. Read the full interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment